Thursday 26 August 2010

Yana-sensei’s blog 25/08/10

Disclaimer: This is my personal attempt at translating Yana Toboso’s blog entries. Due to my limited skills and understanding, the translation might not be very accurate. In fact it can be plain incorrect at times. So read at your own risk. You’re welcome to correct me if I'm wrong and any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

***********************************
黒執事OVA試写会決定!
The original entry can be found here.
The pictures I posted here are not from Yana’s blog.
Yana has asked not to use her blog images elsewhere so please go to her blog to see them.
***********************************

------------------

This is a glimpse of DVD2’s cover.
Very colourful, completely different from my usual work.
Even Ciel’s eyes are shiny.

Anyway, we have decided to hold a premiere for “Ciel in Wonderland”!
I’m so excited!! (lol)
So we can show you the OVA as soon as possible.
You will also get to sample the black tea, New Moon Drop, according to the rumor. It’s almost like Alice’s tea party.
Those to be invited will be chosen by lot, (the lottery starts on 26/08) Please see the official website for details.

By the way, editor K has posted the character songs poster on twitter.
Saitou P sure has good taste!
I have received the pre-release cds and proposal documents yesterday…
Saitou P discussed all sorts of things with me, and revised the lyrics many times according to characters after the songwriter completed the work. A lot of love has gone into those CDs.
All of them are of high quality!
I hope you will all be singing these songs next time you go to a karaoke bar.

Today’s picture is again Alice-Ciel. I have been asked to do many “Alice version!” of bonuses and covers lately, so I have been drawing Alice-Ciel with ribbon on his head quite a lot.
Accompanied by the over-2m-tall butler with bunny ears or Lizzie with mouse ears.
I guess I have been drawing too many old guys in the manga, so I enjoy doing this, for a change.
I do realise that a man with bunny ears or ribbons might be walking down the wrong path as the protagonist of shounen manga, but I listen to Sakamoto Maaya’s album “Shounen Alice” while drawing and keep telling myself “Alice might as well be a shounen!” (lol)
The big names also said “being cute is righteousness”, so it can’t go wrong. (a bunny eared man doesn’t look cute however..w)
The art board staff have also used bright colours to make them adorable, they look fabulous.
It’s great to have a new set of character designs!

Anyway, I hope you can forget about the dark plot in the anime and jump into the happy wonderland while watching "Ciel in Wonderland". (smile)

1 comment: