Sunday 8 August 2010

Yana-sensei’s blog 07/08/10

Disclaimer: This is my personal attempt at translating Yana Toboso’s blog entries. Due to my limited skills and understanding, the translation might not be very accurate. In fact it can be plain incorrect at times. So read at your own risk. You’re welcome to correct me if I'm wrong and any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

***********************************
6話放映
The original entry can be found here.
***********************************

*The Truth behind Ciel's Memory Loss*
(This picture is irrelevant)

--------------------------

Kuroshitsuji II episode 6 will air on TBS (Kantou region) today.
It’ll start at 02:50. Sorry it’s going to be late.
Hmm, shall I say it’s befitting for a midnight show or what, it seems that this episode makes it exhaustively clear that “Sebastian is a bad guy”.
When I read about this plot in the scenario, I thought “wow…this guy is a demon…poor Ciel” (lol)
He doesn’t lie but he’s seriously hiding something THIS JERK!!!
I feel more so because anime Ciel is slightly naïve and cute in comparison to manga Ciel.
In the manga, while these two keep secrets from others, they don’t necessarily keep secrets from each other (or you can say it’s pointless to do so).
Especially Sebastian is different from before. Somehow in S2 he’s starting to show expressions like a human.
Regardless of the mood, the coming issue of the manga will focus on a low-body-temperature reptile butler as well… Ciel is also the same as always.
My assistant told me “seeing their pin-up it’s like being looked down upon by them all the time, it’s awful!”
Sorry!
Hold on, does that mean whatever the case the anime and the manga have one thing in common “Sebastian is a bad guy”!

Speaking of bad guys, Alois appeared to have done all sorts of evil things right from ep1. He also ordered Hannah to strip last week. As for the maid’s underwear, I designed two patterns.
I know that…!
In fact, in the 19th century, a maid was supposed to wear chemise + long corset + drawers!!!
But, being a midnight anime, I think it’s better to expose more skin!!! (Female only) (To be honest I think males should cover as much as possible.)
There is nothing to lose by making it more sexually appealing whenever possible, Sekirei and High School Of The Dead are proof enough. (akuma de personal view desu)

Therefore I designed two versions for the anime staff to choose from, one is shown in the anime and I’m posting the other here today.
I ignored the drawers option all together. Sorry, research assistant Murakami-san. (smile)

Despite being constantly reminded “costumes they could possibly wear at that time”, I designed those costumes used in ep5 and ep6 rather freely.
The anime staff already discussed the details beforehand and I received a lot of suggestions. (^^)
As for Ciel’s pirate costume that’s my personal choice.
And tiger lily for Lizzie because when it comes to pirate’s bride it has to be lily!

I accepted the task of costume design for all characters, but at that time I missed the deadlines for both the manuscript and costume design and I wanted to die…
That was a mess, and even worse for the anime staff I believe.
Since character design must be revamped as well for each character…A-1 staff, thank you very much.
All in all Alois’ costume and Ciel’s pirate and Ranmao’s courtesan were my ideas.
The rest were decided by the staff during scenario meetings and then sent to me! (^^)
The idea of Holmes came from recent manga maybe? I’m happy.
Then Paula as Cleopatra, I couldn’t help but thinking of certain mena●tan. That’s why she turned out like that.
Alois will wear a different costume from last time. (smile)
Hannah is very sexy tonight too I hope all male viewers will enjoy! (lol)

By the way, due to heavy traffic my friend has moved the blog to a new server for me. Thank you H-chan!
Because the website was often inaccessible after each episode aired. (><)
Come to think of it, how many times have I moved the blog over the past year?…(゜Д゜)
You should be able to view my journal and sketches without traffic jam for a while.
I apologise for any inconvenience caused!

And next thing, I have the twitter feed on the right column!
The anime KSII official twitter.
The number of followers is about to reach 10,000 and we will be holding (?) a celebration DEATH★
Toboso will also contribute arts and is open for requests. But all the requests I have received so far are “W-Butlers (W-Masters) Cross-dressing” I’m seriously going “Eh…(゜Д゜)”. [W means double, the same as in W-Charles]
Does everyone love cross-dressing so much…!?
Nah, it’s not like I’m against the idea personally, but W-Butlers are a bit too big don’t you think?
They’re so big and muscular, it’s not even funny.
Please reconsider! To have men over 180cm dressing up as women, I’m sure you won’t enjoy seeing that!
I’m accepting requests until tomorrow morning so please do if you wish!
I think I’ll start working on it tomorrow before I go to bed.

However I can’t show you until the number of followers reaches 10,000. So if you don’t mind, please join the followers everyone. (lol)

You will receive the fastest official updates and inside stories on twitter!
The general animation director Shiba-san’s gorgeous sketch is also a selling point.
Toboso sometimes drops her sketches on twitter too but those are just sketches so don’t expect too much.
Consider them extra inside stories.
At any rate, if you’re already registered with twitter please by all means follow us!
I’m looking forward to your following!

2 comments:

  1. I love this creator! She really interacts with her creations and I think that is a good selling point! Sebastian is a bad guy! HA! He IS! Forget the love/love stuff, he's a demon! This can only end in tears, right? Thank you thank you thank you so much for translating this blob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think you're right. Sebby’s a demon, he’s meant to be evil in some ways. “Sebastian is a bad guy” doesn’t necessarily mean he’s a villain though. “warui yatsu” just means a bad person. I think what yana-sensei was trying to say is that, in the manga both Sebastian and Ciel are somewhat “warui”, Sebby is a demon Ciel is also a wicked child, I think she once referred to Ciel as an “imp”, they’re about equal in this sense._-;;; But in the anime, Ciel is a bit naïve and innocent and proud, you know, so what Sebby did was terrible, he’s a demon and a bad guy..xD

    ReplyDelete