Wednesday 18 August 2010

Yana-sensei’s blog 18/08/10

Disclaimer: This is my personal attempt at translating Yana Toboso’s blog entries. Due to my limited skills and understanding, the translation might not be very accurate. In fact it can be plain incorrect at times. So read at your own risk. You’re welcome to correct me if I'm wrong and any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

***********************************
Gファンタジー9月号発売!
The original entry can be found here.
***********************************


The September issue promoted by Grell and Will is now on sale!
The red guy still hasn’t shown up in the manga but he’s been active in the anime so we have this cover in support of him.
I’m pleased with the rock-style design!
You can find all the information in this month’s issue but I’ll go through them here as well.

First,
◆DVD Release Celebration “Kuroshitsuji II” in Namco NamjaTown!
http://www.kuroshitsuji.tv/event/index.html#namja
Date: 18/09/2010(Saturday) ~ 14/11/2010(Sunday)
※attractions 02/10/2010(Saturday) ~ 14/11/2010(Sunday)
We held an exhibition in NamjaTown last time, and this time we will have food collaboration too!!
The food collaboration we all long for. +*
There are some pictures of collaboration food on the official website, there will be many times more during the actual event, so please look forward to them.
I have read the proposal and…ahhh…it’s awesome, everything! (lol)
From “this is cute!” to “I can't believe this, such design…” there’s going to be a large assortment of food, so by all means please join us.
Personally I’d definitely recommend the deer pudding in the picture, but dumplings of certain character’s image look so awesome I hope you get to see that soon. I have never seen dumplings like that…
The attraction will begin on 02/10. The theme will be “Ciel in Wonderland” the OVA included in DVD2.
What kind of attraction will it be? Let’s wait and see.
We will also issue limited passports, by all means please come and participate!
You might also get to see the panels and original arts from last time.

 (Najavu, Source: Namco NamjaTown)

It’s a collaboration with Najavu (cat) so Sebastian is enthusiastic too.
Anyway, please wait for further announcements.

◆GF September issue all-service merchandise Kuroshitsuji Tumblers

(Source: Black Asylum Scanned by spacecat)

This is what we have been talking about on KSII twitter. I have designed two patterns for the tumbler set which will be released as all-service merchandise.
Two illustrations in silhouette. One with Sebastian and Ciel walking down the streets of London, and the other with both of them at home.
Black silhouette with silver spots, it looks quite chic.(^^)
In the London version, I drew the silhouette of the tower bridge. The incomplete form would not look good (wtf is it…), so I drew the complete form… (It was still under construction in the 19th century /smile) However as the symbol of London I couldn’t possibly leave it out. (murmur)
You will receive them in an adorable box so please place your order.

◆Misprint (omission) in this month’s issue
There’s a line missing in chapter 48, please accept my apologies and allow me to correct it.
To avoid spoilers I have posted small thumbnails below. Please click to view the original images once you have purchased the magazine.

[The first one is the actual printed page. The second the correct image. One sentence is missing in the printed version, “そう、私はあの夜殺された”, Sebastian’s monologue “That’s right. I was killed that night.”]

You can do without this sentence! (crying smile)
The comic volume will have the correct text, please forgive me and buy the manga.

There are many other goods and presents as well so please check out the colour pages.

I’ll be working on the cover for next issue as well.
Speaking of October…I’m working enthusiastically so please support the coming issue!
The next issue will come with a mechanical pencil matching this month’s ballpoint pen.
To make up for the 6 months’ absence, here begins the Sebastian-feast… (lol)

5 comments:

  1. SEBASTIAN FEAST! YAYAYAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want one of those Tumblers! Wonder how I can get one. *schemes*

    Anyway, I've been stalking your translations for a couple of weeks now so I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time and effort. It's really appreciated. I love hearing what Yana-sensei has to say about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was actually curious about your thoughts regarding the entry Toboso wrote about scanlations and fansubs.

    I wrote my thoughts concerning her outcry. You can read it at: http://www.mangatherapy.com/post/999357509/yana-toboso-society

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my opinion hardly matters so I’d rather not to think too much about it. Besides, her post was mostly meant for Japanese fans, I don’t see why everyone’s making such a fuss about it. I understand scanlations and fansubs are illegal but still I’m grateful. Yana-sensei made her point, she has my respect, and I can only hope that she understands our dilemma. (wishful thinking lol) So far I bought all 9 Japanese volumes, 4 CDs and Sebby nendo. Probably not much but I buy what I like and what I can afford to support the series. That’s it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To make up for the 6 months’ absence, here begins the Sebastian-feast… (lol)

    YES! Sebastian-Fest! I'd like a season pass! \o/

    With regards to fansubs and scanlations (because someone else commented on it), I think they're a necessary evil. Without them, us English-only speakers would have nothing to do with the series, or any other series. I have no doubt that we contribute to the popularity and demand for official translations, so that they do become officially translated and released.

    Not only that, but there's no way we can support the series as it is. As a viewer in another country, in which only two volumes of the manga are released (both of which I have purchased), there is nothing I can do to support the series. I can't buy the Japanese volumes, and if I could, it would be a waste for me since I can't understand Japanese. My interest is kept by fansubs, and when volumes and dvds are released in my langauge, I certainly buy them (I'm looking at you, January 11th, 2011. First DVD set!)

    After a certain point, it begins to really hurt the industry, I agree. However, before that, while they're illegal, I think they help the series. They help the series reach a bigger audience, and that audience can eventually actually support the series.

    End tangent. :'D

    Now, about that Sebastian fest... haha.

    Thanks for the translation again! I love being able to read Yana Toboso's blog, despite my inability to read Japanese. :]

    ReplyDelete